February 13, 2008

Random Thoughts:

1. Some people are dumb. See the comments on Nej's blog... that's one example. Here's another example.

2. I hurt my back. I think it was a combination of shoveling snow (we had a pretty good snow dump Sunday night) and playing volleyball on Monday. Picking up Logan when he's in his crib hurts me the most... it must be the way I twist or something. On Friday I have an appointment with my chiropractor, followed by a 1/2 hour massage. Looking forward to it (maybe my headaches will go away too... pretty sure my neck is out).

3. I feel bad for my sister. She found out today (ultrasound) that her baby is breech. Thus, a c-section will likely be scheduled soon, seeing as how she's due on March 8th.

4. There are two new shows out that are supposed to be similar to Sex and the City. Cashmere Mafia is by the creators of SatC and Lipstick Jungle is by the author (Candace Bushnell) of SatC. I've now seen one episode of each show (just watched Cashmere Mafia tonight). Now, I know you can never create anything that equals Sex and the City, but I was quite disappointed by Lipstick Jungle. I'll probably still watch it... at least one more episode to see if it changes my mind... but I found it a little boring. I didn't mind Cashmere Mafia, but it still doesn't have the same pace that SatC had. I'll likely watch that show again. Someday I'll have to get the SatC DVD set.

5. My husband's a sweetie. He gave me my Valentine's Day flowers today, seeing as how he doesn't know what tomorrow will bring at work (it could be a long day) - a small bunch of pretty, pink tulips. He also tried to be extra sweet and brought me some frozen yogurt. I've been attempting to get back on the weight-watching wagon and as such, I've given up ice cream (I was eating a lot of ice cream lately)... also the reason he didn't buy me chocolates. Anyways, he wanted to bring me a healthier treat (it says it's low fat). I compared lables... yes, the frozen yogurt has less fat... but the ice cream has less calories and less carbohydrats (for the same-sized serving)! Well, it's the thought that counts! I had a little bit... it is yummy frozen yogurt (mango swirl)!

6. My son is grumpy boy... today anyways. He might be heading into that dreaded phase... yes... teething! :D I still love him lots... even if he's been incredible whiney today... which, coupled with my sore back... made for a bit of a grumpy me! Here are some pics (the bottom one is with his second-cousin, who is 11 days younger).






2 comments:

C-dub said...

I also watched Lipstick Jungle to see what it was all about, and I was a little disappointed. Not nearly as good as SaTC. The SaTC movie comes out in 3.5 months... I can't wait!!!!

BrightDolphin said...

LOL Re: Stupid people! I was so stunned to have 17 comments when I checked this morning! I felt bad for the lady who said she was 71 and had almost no money... :(

I watched bits and pieces of both shows too. I didn't like Lipstick Jungle at all. Cashmere Mafia is just meh. Neither is particularly funny. I think that was the appeal of SatC. It was funny but true. Neither of these shows has the humour.

That's sweet of JB to get you frozen yogurt. He tried! :) Eating healthy can be confusing though. Almonds are supposed to be healthy, but they are so high in calories and fat that you can only have like 5! So confusing. :S