September 01, 2007

First day of the next year...

...otherwise known as the first official day of my maternity leave! Yup, I am now unemployed for the next 52 weeks - my scheduled date of return to my job is Tuesday, September 2, 2008 (after the long weekend). So, what did I do to mark this momentous occasion? Here's a brief run-down of my day:
  • - Crawled out of bed sometime around 10:30am (it's Saturday, I slept as long as I could!).
  • - Applied for EI online, as there is a two-week waiting period so they recommend you do the application online first... discovered I need to find my ROE from my previous employer before my current employer's ROE arrives in the mail.
  • - Made a printed list of what TV channels I currently have on the downstairs TV - we only have one digital receiver, so we get certain channels downstairs that we don't upstairs; decided which channels we currently subscribe to have to be replaces and with what.
  • - Reconciled our banking - I had an extra $25.10 that was unaccounted for... math error somewhere that I didn't catch.
  • - Watched 2 episodes of The Simpsons (re-runs of course).
  • - Decided it was about time I used our BBQ all by myself for the first time - my parents gave us the BBQ around 2.5 years ago as a combination grad/house-warming present. This is the first time I've actually used it... I usually make JB BBQ for us.
  • - Started my Stargate SG1 viewing marathon - I am watching the entire series in order from Season 1, Episode 1 through the end of Season 10... though I don't own Season 9 or 10 yet. I'm not sure how far I'll get with this before Baby Bee is born, but I have a full year to get through it all! Today's viewing (thus far) only consisted of the pilot episode (approx. 2 hrs long)... it was good - picked up where the cheesy 80's/90's movie left off but with much better graphics and actors.
  • - Looked through my maternity photo gallery.
  • - Did 1 load of dishes... and by that I mean I loaded the dishwasher - it's running now.
  • - Made this list!

Yup... that's my day in a nutshell. It was pretty relaxing, though oddly productive. I'm off to have a nice, relaxing bath now before watching as many episodes of SG1 as I can before JB calls me to pick him up... I should get through 2 episodes, depending how long I soak for.

So, I am now on maternity leave. It was very odd to me to pack up/clean out my desk knowing that I wasn't starting a new job this coming week - I've always started either a new job or returned to school when leaving one place of employment... but not this time. Kind of odd... but nice.

I have pics of my friend's (BK & JK) new baby girl... Brinlee Rae. However, I haven't downloaded them onto the computer yet, so you'll have to wait! She's a cutie... and sleeps way more than a "normal" baby... I asked JK if I can have one like that?! ;)

My goal for tomorrow... get the car seat installed. Then when I'm in town this week I can stop by St. John's Ambulance and they will check to make sure it's installed properly, free of charge. Other events this week: ultrasound @ 10:30am Wednesday; pedicure @ 1:00pm Wednesday; prenatal doctor appointment @ 3:45pm Thursday; my TOPS chapter's 25th anniversary open house @ 6:30pm Thursday; baby shower for JK Friday am; sister-in-law's PJ-themed PartyLite show @ 7:00pm Friday. Hmmm... when I write it out like that, I'm looking at a pretty busy week. Other than those key events, I plan on napping a lot (sleeping in every day - except Wednesday) and hopefully getting *some* housework done.

Big hugs to C-Dub, as this is her final week as an unmarried lady! I cannot wait to see pics and hear all about the fabulous day! I'll be thinking about you...

1 comment:

Ashley Logan said...

I have to tell you that I genuinely enjoy checking out your blog! LOL! I find your observations about life and your experiences quite entertaining! Take care and enjoy this time..... cause it will never be the same again!!

Talk to you soon!

Ashley Skjaveland