September 19, 2007

Pregnancy & My Little Sister

Well, perhaps my Dad was right... perhaps getting pregnant was a good thing for my sister... She has been a different person the past couple months. We went *years* barely talking, as she was engulfed in the wonderful drug scene and I had no desire to talk to an addict - if I could even reach her. Now she calls me "just to chat" or because she's bored... that would never happen before.

She's also found a new understanding and appreciation of money - she even paid us back for the $15 of gas we put in her car the day she started her job as a pizza-delivery girl (she wasn't sure how/when she was getting paid and gas is kind of essential for that job). JB and I gave her a gift card to Wal-Mart for her birthday (I figured that way she could either get some maternity clothes, food, or treat herself... her decision). Well, she called us last night to thank us for the wonderful present (I don't think she's ever received a gift card for a present and was very excited about it!) and to say how she's been feeling guilty because we always get her stuff, but she hasn't/can't get us anything. So I told her how much it means that she's been so very different these past few months and that's the best gift she could ever give us.

The poor girl though... she got the morning-sickness bug! In fact, she had to go to the doctor to get Diclectin as her throwing-up was affecting work - which she cannot afford to miss. Expensive stuff! She's feeling a lot better now that she's on it. I've known women who have taken it and their children are fine.

Hmmm... I should eat some breakfast and get ready to head into town. I have to go for my second NST this morning and then head up to my doctor's office. Before that I want to stop at Wal-Mart, as I need AAA batteries and I want the new Reba Duets CD... I don't buy CD's often, but I've recently re-fallen in love with Reba's music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We took the morning sickness stuff here, Jeffrey's just fine.