September 17, 2007

39 Weeks, 3 days... only days to go!

Oh, how much can change in a week! Anyways... I went to my prenatal appointment on the 13th (Thurs) and for the second week in a row my blood pressure was a little on the high side and, to make matters worse, I had protien in my *sample*. These two symptoms together can signal the onset of preeclampsia/toxemia/pregnancy induced hypertension (yes, three terms that mean the exact same thing... lovely). So, I got sent for a non-stress test (NST) at the hospital immediately following my appointment. Apparently my NST was picture-perfect and Baby Bee is very happy in his environment. I was very glad to hear this.

I had to go back to my doctor today for a follow-up appointment. Again, my blood pressure was higher than he would like so, as he had mused upon during my last appointment, he decided that he didn't want to risk and complications and thus I am being induced on Saturday! So, if the induction takes, I will be a Mommy sometime on Saturday (I don't want this piece of information posted on Facebook at this time). Before I am induced, I have to go for another NST Wednesday morning and then go see my doctor immediately afterwards. Then, Saturday I have to call the prenatal unit at 6:00am and show up at 7:30am. After that, it will be a waiting game... induction doesn't always take the first time, so Baby Bee may not arrive until Sunday. Either way, it's looking like his grand entrance into this world is less than a week away. My first thought when the induction was scheduled... man, do I ever have a lot to get done before then! The catch... I'm supposed to be on bed-rest. *sigh*

The good news... if this is the way Baby Bee arrives, then I will be able to visit with Nej with no problems. She will either be arriving on Thursday night or Friday morning (which means we can go see Resident Evil: Extinction Friday night) and leaving Saturday. As I will be gone early Saturday morning, she will likely head up to the "City of Champions" and do a little shopping before flying home. Now, if Baby Bee decides to arrive early... all bets are off! :D

Hmmm... Prison Break Season 3 premieres in an hour... I should go have a bath (I have a cold and am absolutely miserable as I can't take any drugs). Chat you girls (and guy?) later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with everything! Looking forward to seeing photos. I'll be thinking of you all week.

Anonymous said...

I'm here. Good luck!