July 20, 2007

Situation update:

The current situation between me and my mother has gone from bad to worse than I could ever have imagined. She was not impressed that I talked to my Dad about the situation. The things she has said to me are more hateful and mean than I could have possibly thought up.

I feel like throwing up. I don't think I'll be staying at work for much longer, but I just thought I'd send a quick update.


Edit: I'm home now. I think I'll take a nap and then maybe head back into town later on to get my copy of HP#7 (I deserve something to make me happy today). Here's the latest from my Mum that has left me feeling nauseaus and more hurt than I thought I could ever feel:


"You are very disrespectful to your parents. And let me tell you this: What goes around, comes around and you will get yours when your family grows up and treats you the same way as you treat us. If you do not respect your parents, which you don't, then your children will not respect you. I sincerely hope that your children do not invite you to any of their weddings and act like spoiled brats when their parents extend a kind gesture in the form of a wedding dance.

You have a lot of emotional growing up to do. I would suggest that you find your biological mother and father and then perhaps you will stop blaming me for all your emotional hang ups. You began to disrespect me when you met [best friend] and her family and from that moment on you never stopped. Your respect level has remained at about 14 yrs old.

Don't bother Dad with your teenage level e-mails complaining about me. I thought you would be grown up enough to write something interesting when he's working in extreme conditions with a lot of stress related issues on a rig that doesn't want to drill because of inexperienced men and technology that is not well tested. But then I forgot--life is all about YOU isn't it?

Stuff it, [NB].

Mum"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer. Big time. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh god. That's appalling. I'm so sorry. You know, it's funny - adults don't always act as such.

Perhaps she is having an emotional lapse because of all the sister issues. Since she can't control her, she is trying to control you.

Hang in there. more hugs.

Lotus Blossom said...

Well, I knew that standing up for myself would have consequences. I just never expected this. There are some really vile comments in that letter.

C-dub said...

I'm so sorry; you don't deserve that treatment!!!

HUGS!