July 15, 2007

30 weeks, 2 days... less than 10 weeks to go!

Alrighty then... what shall I tell you? My last prenatal appointment went well - based on the heart rate, my doctor agrees with the 3D ultrasound in saying Baby Bee is a boy! But, we will still have two names picked out... just in case. I'm now on the two-week rotation for prenatal appointments until week 36, after which time the appointments become weekly. Around week 36 I may be going for another ultrasound to see how big Baby Bee's head is and whether or not he has turned (head-down).

I feel my sciatic pain every day, but the strength of that pain varies. Most days it is tolerable. Today is a little worse, as two days ago I twisted kind of funny when getting up from a chair and I knew then that I inflamed the pain. :'( But, oh well... that is my life right now.

This heat is killing me! I've been doing everything I can think of to cool off the house - it's a little better today after purchasing one very large fan for the main floor. JB also bought me a really nice air mattress (inflates and deflates itself) so that I can permanently move into the basement, as I cannot sleep upstairs in this weather. Yesterday I was trying to clean my bedroom and I'd work for 20 minutes and then go hide downstairs for 20 minutes... not very productive, and yet I still managed to over-exert myself and feel like crap today! This heat is not very nice to me this year.

Our finances are coming into order here this week and today I had a "bite" when it comes to selling my car - it wouldn't surprise me if the guy that called to see it calls back to buy it. I feel like things are coming together nicely - I'm even managing to get the house clean a little at a time! The next two months is filled with prenatal appointments, prenatal classes, and my baby shower (Aug 11)... the time will fly.

I can feel Baby Bee move more strongly now - feeling his hiccups is the funniest sensation! JB can definitely feel him moving (he puts his hand on my belly and can feel the kicks). Things are going well... I did wake up in the middle of the night not too long ago thinking I was going to "lose my lunch"... but I managed to contain it. Not pleasant! I still don't feel like I look as large as other women around the same due-date as myself (though heaven knows I've gained enough weight)... but who knows - perhaps I'll balloon in the next two months!

2 comments:

C-dub said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I bet you're glad you did the nursery awhile ago because some expectant moms would be scrambling right about now trying to get the nursery done!

I hope it cools down a little bit since that sounds like it's pretty darn hot there! We've been having mid-20's here. I'll try to send some of our weather your way ;)

Lotus Blossom said...

I'm really glad the nursery is done. In all reality, the baby could arrive today and we'd have everything we need to get by. Mentally... not ready for that yet! :)