January 31, 2007

7th week

So, I'm in my 7th week... only 33 weeks to go! ;)

So far (cross fingers... knock on wood... any other applicable superstitions) I have been really lucky in the morning sickness department - meaning there has been none. I get queasy and feel nauseous at times... but that's it. Some mornings I have to eat a few soda crackers about an hour before I can actually eat breakfast. Most people I've talked to started getting sick around 6 weeks, so perhaps I'm one of the lucky few (like my Mom) who won't get to experience it. Though, I'm not counting it out yet!

What is rather annoying is my appetite. I'll think of something to eat and it sounds fabulous... I'll be making it and it looks and smells delicious... then I'll take one bite and I'm done. All appeal is instantly gone. This happens frequently and makes it hard to keep my energy up when nothing I can find to eat is appealing in the least. Nothing except Hawaiian Pizza Pops... they never seem to lose their appeal! :D

Some of my clothes (the snugger ones) aren't fitting so well... in fact, there's a couple pairs of pants that have already been banned from my daily clothing rotation. I was wearing a pair of jeans last Friday - when I put them on in the morning they were tight... so I thought they were just "dryer snug". Around 10am I changed my mind - the top button stayed undone for most of the day and I won't be wearing those again any time soon! I thought it would be a little early for clothing not to be fitting, but I talked to two people and both of them (one being pregnant for the second time, and one being a soon-to-be-daddy) said that clothing starts not fitting so well around this time (week 6 or 7). I've budgeted in a set amount from each pay cheque to go towards maternity clothing. Plus, I have a friend who's friend (that I know) is done having children and is going to go through her mat-clothes and see what's still in good shape before giving them to me. This wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't working... but since I work in an office, I need decent clothes... and I don't want to be wearing the same three things to work every few days! I think I'll be good for shirts for quite a while - I have a lot that are long and stretchy... good for a growing belly (because my belly isn't big enough without a baby growing in it!).

Oh... the other thing... I am exhausted. On Sunday I slept nearly the entire day. Most days I slam into a brick wall around 2pm. Today was a little better, but it helped knowing I was planning on going home early. Oh how I would love a Timmy's double-double!

3 comments:

C-dub said...

Thanks for updating. When we hadn't heard from you in over a week, us 'honorary aunts to be' started to worry (it's our job, okay?)!

So, in the future, please update at least once a week, even if it is just to say "I'm fine, baby is fine".

C-dub said...

Let us know how your first pre-natal appointment goes today! I'm curious, is there anything you're not supposed to eat or do while you are pregnant? Do you have to take special vitamins or anything?

I've had babies on the brain for the last few months, so I am looking forward to following along with your 'journey to parenthood' and I'm sure I'll learn a lot!

CT and I want to have a baby, but we want to wait probably a year or two at least before we try to get pregnant. We want to get married (only 215 days to go!) and then pay off some debt before we bring a baby into our lives.

BrightDolphin said...

Um... it's been a week again...

Just sayin'. :)