January 14, 2007

Still not "official"...

So, things still aren't quite "official"... I took a second HPT and it showed a *faint* positive. Matt may remember, if Angela showed him, but in the instructions for HPT it basically says that no matter how *faint* the positive mark, it is still a positive result. So, I headed to my doctor's office - their test is basically the same as a HPT, so it too showed a *faint* positive result. We now have three *faint* positive results. So, my doctor sent me for a blood test to make 100% sure I'm pregnant. I should get the official word on Monday (Tuesday at the latest).

Basically, the assumption is that I am pregnant. Thus, I am avoiding things I should until I hear otherwise. Now, what exactly I am supposed to avoid (ie: what I can and can't eat), I'm not entirely sure - when I get the word from my doctor I will set up my first official appointment with him.

So, needless to say, JB and I are thrilled (though my poor hubby is stressing about money already)! There is one piece of bad news associated with this fantastic news... I don't think I'll be making it to C-dub's wedding. My due date (assuming the bloodwork comes back positive) is September 21, 2007. To fly past 32 weeks, WestJet requires a doctor's note and the wedding is somewhere around 38 weeks. So... I'm sorry, C-dub! Depending on money, I would like to try and fly out earlier in the summer... I just don't know if I'm going to be able to. :'(

I will post when I get the official word from my doctor.

5 comments:

lj said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-dub said...

That's great news! Please post as soon as you know for sure!!!!! So very excited. I had a feeling this was going to happen and you were going to have a baby right around my wedding, call it intuition, I guess. No worries, you're not getting off the hook that easy though; you definately are due for a visit. If not this year, then next year to show us all your new baby!

Blythe said...

Congrats! I think Gen also had a faint positive...and they ended up being pregnant!

BrightDolphin said...

This is so exciting!! I'm so insanely happy for you right now! I already have my baby gift picked out too! LOL

C-dub said...

I already have my baby gift picked out too! ;)