So, tomorrow marks Logan's two month birthday. And what are we doing to celebrate... we're taking him to be poked with needles! That's right... his first set of immunizations. I am so very glad JB will be home to go with me, as I don't like anything that makes my little man cry. I'll take some pictures sometime tomorrow (I think I'll wash a really cute outfit I bought for him and take the pics in that, if it fits) for his formal monthly pictures and then I'll post them on Facebook and put up one or two here.
Things are going pretty well with us. We are slowly getting used to things. Some days I am very productive and manage to get things done around the house. Other days, I get absolutely nothing done! I do manage to get out of the house a couple (three, four) times a week so I don't go nutty. Oh... I'm playing volleyball on Monday's now... very exciting! This past Monday was my first week playing. I have new glasses... I can finally see (I haven't been able to see clearly since early in my pregnancy)!
I am no longer breastfeeding (much to my dismay, as I had hoped to keep that up quite a bit longer than I did). I don't think my let-down was fast enough for Logan, as once his stomach got bigger he was very grumpy and not staying latched. Once I started supplementing with formula my milk supply diminished, as I wasn't pumping as often as I had been nursing. So, he is now 100% formula fed. But, he got breastmilk for the first 6 weeks of life, which they say is the most important part. And formula-fed babies turn out a-okay (I never received any breastmilk as a baby, since I was adopted). So, although I would have liked to breastfeed longer, Logan is doing really well now that he's on formula - gaining weight and much happier. Plus, I'll be honest, it is so much easier to go places and do running around with him on the bottle.
As for the turmoil... JB quit his job last week! He was sent away for a week and absolutely hated being away from Logan and I for that long (he was home for the entire first month of Logan's life and after that only went away for one night at a time). So, he's in the process of switching careers as he can't stay in the oilfield if he wants to be home more. He's attempting to get in with a company as a first year carpentry apprentice. Hopefully we will have news on this topic soon. Money will be tight for a couple years, but it will be well worth it to have a happy hubby who is actually home!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Logan!!!
My sister was always amazed when all she could get done in a day was two loads of laundry when Eddie was small. Soon he'll be able to amuse himself better and it will give you a little more time to get things done.
Hugs! Miss you lots Niks!!!
Glad to hear things are going pretty well. I hope JB is able to get that job! That would be so great for him to be home more!
I miss you lots too!
Aw, that's so good for J if he can be home more. Glad to hear my little nephew is doing so well! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from Auntie Nej! :D
Good for you hubster.
Your little guy is getting big! Cute!
Post a Comment