I was a bad, bad girl this weekend! I gave into a serious craving for sushi. According to literature, pregnant women are supposed to avoid all raw animal protein. However, I believe it is because there is a risk of the mother getting sick from improperly handled/prepared food and not a direct risk to the baby. Technically, a mom-to-be isn't supposed to eat under-cooked meat or soft egg yolks either. However, I still eat my steak medium-rare and I despise over-cooked eggs! This is not a craving I plan on succumbing to on a regular basis... but oh my did it ever taste delicious!
There is so much information out there on what you should and shouldn't do when you're pregnant... what you should and shouldn't eat... what you should and shouldn't drink... Way too much information! And, quite often, there is contradictory information. Thankfully my doctor has the mentality that "pregnancy is a condition, not a disease" and as such is pretty laid back and tells me when things I read are crap. He was quite adamant that there is to be no skydiving or bungee-jumping! :D
I went and got myself run-down last week which resulted in me picking up a nasty cold bug in the later portions of the week (ie: just in time for the weekend). I had back-to-back deadlines that caused a decent amount of stress as well as very early mornings at work. Once I finished them and the work-adrenalin stopped, the cold set in way too quickly. I left at lunch on Friday and crawled into bed. I spent a lot of time sleeping this past weekend and attempting any and all home remedies that we could think of! The best I came up with was Vicks Vapor Rub, Breathe Right Nasal Strips, and a Vaporizer (hot-water humidifier) complete with liquid Vicks to add to it. I can sort of breathe today, but I get really stuffed up at night still and have a hard time sleeping (last night was my best sleep in 3 nights). A hot shower in the morning gets me through a good portion of the day.
Although I was incredibly under-the-weather this weekend, I actually managed to get one big job done! I've been suffering from a lack of work-appropriate clothing lately, but was given a garbage bag full of maternity clothing a few months ago. So, this weekend... before going shopping... I cleared my closed and drawers of clothes I cannot wear anymore and hung up / put away all the maternity clothes I have at this point. I had stuff in there I didn't know about! Now, even though my closet is emptier, I know that I can wear everything in it. That makes me happy.
One final thought for this Monday... apparently I am now starting to "look pregnant"! This too makes me feel happy as I am no longer just looking like I'm retaining water or eating too many snacks. I've had a few different people (including my hubby) tell me that I'm beginning to look like a preggie! :D
April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Woohoo on the starting to look preggo! That must be so exciting! Do you have a little tummy bump yet or is it still too early for that?
Still too early for that I think. But apparently my bulging mid-region is starting to look like something to observers! ;)
How is mummy-to-be feeling this week? Are you over your cold?
Post a Comment